- Need a Book? Check out Rory’s Booklist for a list of classics.
- Assumptions about Women
- Beauty Myth
- Another Beauty Myth Article
- An Argument For Makeup
- On Short Hair
For Men: How to Be a Feminist Ally
- Melissa McEwan’s piece on how men can help. (Contains swearing).
- Shakesville’s Melissa McEwan’s “Helpful Hints for Dudes” Series (Contains swearing.)
- Helpful Hints for Men Part 1
- Helpful Hints for Men Part II
- Helpful Hints for Men Part III
- Helpful Hints for Men Part IV
- Helpful Hints for Men Part V
- Helpful Hints for Men Part VI
- Why Slutwalk Matters
- Why Slutwalk Matters II
Gender, Language and Communication
- Men Who Explain Things: Rebecca Solnit’s article that inspired the term “mansplaining.” 3
- Rebecca’s follow up article, explaining the phenomenon more fully.
- Scholarly Research on the Wage Gap
- Quiet Women, Loud Men
Men’s Rights Activists
Jonathan Scalzi’s piece “Being Poor” does an amazing job of defining poverty, not in terms of economic class, or occupation, but in real world, relatable experiences.
Rape and Sexual Assault
- The Bare Bones Facts
- Rape Culture
- Rape Culture 101
- Rape Culture, part 1, part 2,
- Rape Culture the Participants: letter from a rapist, complementary roles and rape culture,
- Rape Culture: Listening to Survivors, Silence, A Victim’s Story
- Changing Rape Laws
- Rape “Jokes,” part 1
- False Allegations
- Rape As Miscommunication is a Bogus Excuse
- Rape Trauma Syndrome
- Mz. Eve’s piece on Slut Shaming, parts 1 and 2.
- Madonna Whore Complex
- Slut Shaming-even fictional characters aren’t safe
- Victim Blaming- why we don’t believe victims, several incidents of shameful victim blaming
War On Women
For Further Reading: More Academic Sources
Women at Work
If there are any resources you think I should add, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.