Confessions of a Latte Liberal is intended as a safe space to discuss issues of gender, and activism. This space is a safe space, intended to be safe for work, and gender inclusive.
In this site, we are not here to argue or prove the existence of rape culture and privileges of various ilks. Don’t expect people to educate you on a basic tenant of the topic at hand. You’re on the internet, and you have access to a wide variety of basic information. I have also posted links to basic introductions to various topics covered on this blog.
Confessions of a Latte Liberal is based in the United States, so most of my examples and descriptions of daily life are based on that. An international perspective would be awesome, though. Feel free to share your experiences in the comments or guest posts.
Discriminatory language, is not acceptable. Nor are personal attacks or unnecessary rudeness. To allow for discussion, I will edit rudeness, personal attacks and offensive language from comments, to keep this a polite space for discussion. Comments that are not conducive to a discussion will be deleted.
This is my blog, my space, so I have final discretion. I am the moderator, and I want to keep this site open to polite discussion of the issues at hand.
- If you threaten, or are rude to any commentator, or violate the rules of that particular discussion, you don’t get to comment.
- If your comment doesn’t add anything to the discussion, you don’t get to comment.
- If you are commenting to complain about what the article doesn’t cover, you don’t get to comment.
- I accept guest postings, and suggestions for articles by email only.
- If you say, that I think you missed this aspect of the problem, and it is actually related to the problem discussed in the article, you get to comment.
- If you use profanity, I will censor your comment.
- Having one privilege does not invalidate someone’s argument about a different privilege. If you cannot understand this concept, you don’t get to comment.
- If you use the word “Feminazi,” “feminist propaganda,” or any racial epithet, you don’t get to comment.
- If you use the words Fascist, Socialist, or Communist inappropriately, you don’t get to comment.
- If you argue that the world should be fair, and that that normative notion means that there is nothing wrong with the status quo, you are not helping the discussion, and you don’t get to comment.
In short, be nice, be respectful, use complete sentences, and engage in a productive discussion.