Don’t assume that abuse to women only happens in “less enlightened” countries.
First of all, that’s really offensive, and second of all, it’s not true.
Sara writes about her experiences with abuse in the United States. It’s just as real as female genial mutilation, and no less wrong. Feminists are excellent multi-taskers who work on ending abuse everywhere. Saying that because others have it worse, we shouldn’t be working on issues that affect us close to home is a derailing technique.
- We Can Always Use One More Title (overexposedandunderdeveloped.com)
- Topics in Feminism (plato.stanford.edu)
- Anti-Feminist Claims “War On Men” In Defiance Of Reality (lezgetreal.com)
- Feminists Suing to Force Women to be in Harms Way? (usdailyreview.com)
- Food. Clothes. Hijabs. New Rules. (considertheteacosy.wordpress.com)
- Abuse, and a Dangerous Movement (worldofhina.wordpress.com)
- So, today when I was mansplained… (tenderhooligan.wordpress.com)
- Why are women scared to call themselves feminists? (salon.com)
- Awful Assumptions-Being a Feminist is the Worst thing to Be (confessionsofalatteliberal.wordpress.com)