From Gloria Steinem’s “Halfway into a Feminst Century,” available in this month’s Ms, Steinem wrote an inspirational piece on the eve of the election to inspire women. The article isn’t available publicly online yet, but I wrote down the key parts of the article, for your speed reading pleasure.
- Reproductive freedom as a human right.
- Make reproductive freedom as a basic freedom
- Women will only support revolution who don’t treat them as disposable and actually support their goals.
- We will eroticize equality, with women being portrayed as equals not as sex objects.
- Women’s movement will take up gun control.
- Women will no longer be perceived as moral, but will promote peace
- Feminist crusader Gloria Steinem urges end to silence on domestic abuse (calgaryherald.com)
- Gloria Steinem calls GOP ‘the American Taliban’ (tv.msnbc.com)
- Viva Glam Lipstick Is Feminist-Approved (bellasugar.com)
- Feminist Gloria Steinem pitches NW Washington House race (seattlepi.com)
- Gloria Steinem (1934) (womentransformingfemininity.com)